In my preceding post – “Blogs – why you need one” – I said I’d address how to make sure you have adequate content for your blog. So here are my tips.
Tips for managing your blog content
You need to make sure that you add posts frequently or regularly (at least once per week). Here are some ideas:
- Before you even start a blog, write down at least 30 topics you can write about – preferably perennial subjects that won’t date.
- Once every month replace the number of topics you have used plus two more.
- If topical material presents itself grab it and run with it.
- Write decent length articles and then split them into two or three blog posts.
- Check out other blogs in your area of interest and participate in any debates they have started – giving due credit of course.