“10 good reasons why your product or user manual should not be written by you!”
Many people think that because they know their product inside out that they, or one of their employees, are the best person to write the user manual. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Here are 10 good reasons why you should not write your own product or user manual:
- You know your product too well. This causes you to assume a certain base line knowledge which others may not have.
- You tend to think in terms of features not benefits and although this is not a sales pitch you need to come from the same headspace as your customer and they want to implement the benefits your product offers.
- You see the bigger picture and not the smaller steps that may be needed.
- It’s difficult for you to be objective about your product the way your customer will be.
- A professionally written manual will save you money due to a reduction in customer help enquiries
- A well-written, easy to understand manual can reduce warranty claims due to the fact that your customers, use, store and maintain the product correctly.
- Great product manuals yield satisfied customers because they don’t get frustrated trying to use the product…
- … and that leads to valuable word-of-mouth product endorsements and the likelihood of increased sales.
- A well-written, authoritative manual adds to the status of your product as a professionally produced product that can be trusted.
- A well-written manual enhances customer satisfaction and promotes brand loyalty.
Save money on reduced enquiries and warranty claims and let The Copywriter Online write your next product or user manual.
Contact us for a quote.